Bruce Ayati was first place winner in the John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center’s 2014 Business Model Competition
The John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center is pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Business Model Competition! The Business Model Competition (BMC) is based on a new way of thinking about the entrepreneurship process. This competition allows participants to identify and test their business assumptions EARLY in order to make changes to their ideas so that the end result is fail-proof.
Thirty four finalists were chosen to present their business model canvas in a formal competition on Friday, March 13th. The teams presented in front of panel of judges, competing for a total of $60,000 in seed grants.
Congratulations to the following winners and everyone that entered this year's competition!
1st Place $7,500 each:
- Systems Prognostic, LLC
2nd Place $5,000 each
- Iowa Adaptive Technologies (Won an additional $5,000 at the Hawkeye Innovation Summit and will be advancing to the International Business Model Competition at BYU in May).
3rd Place $3,500 each
- Bidirectional Intravascular Sheath
- Born Ready
- Okara Food Company
- Safe Place
- Widespread Threads
4th Place $2,500 each
- Conversation Buddy
- Real Property Intelligence
5th Place $1,000 each
- Launch Services
- Boomer Network
- Edible Innovations
We would also like to give a special thanks to the panel of judges and mentors for providing feedback and mentoring in their areas of expertise:
- Lee Groeschl, Associate Director, Economic Development, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- Kurt Heiar, Entrepreneur in Residence, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- Phil Jordan, Associate Director, Economic Development, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- Roby Miller, Founder, Telepharm
- Paul Dymerski, Associate Director, UIRF Asset Development
- Curt Nelson, President & CEO, EDC, Inc.
- David Sturtz, Director of Product Strategy, Geonetric
- Lynn Allendorf, Director, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
JPEC is here to help faculty, staff, students, and community members launch and grow businesses. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.
Congratulations again to the winners and everyone who participated!
Event Marketing Intern
John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center