Women in Mathematics at the University of Iowa
The mission of Women in Mathematics (WIM) at the University of Iowa is to foster the success of women in math at all levels from undergraduate through faculty. WIM strives to encourage women mathematicians through mentoring relationships and monthly activities. These activities include invited speakers, lunches, and informal outings. We provide an opportunity for interaction with outstanding women mathematicians and a supportive community for women in the department.
- Contributions of 20th Century Women to Physics
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians
- Sonia Kovalevsky Day
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- Association for Women in Science
- Other Resources on Women Mathematicians and Scientists
The University of Iowa was founded on February 25th, 1847.