The topology group at The University of Iowa is a diverse group whose interests are focused around dimensions two, three and four. Currently members of the group are working on:
- applied knot theory, topological data analysis,
- contact and symplectic topology, mapping class groups, geometric braid theory,
- categorification, applications of homotopy theory to the study of topology in low dimensions,
- Heegaard splittings of three manifolds, trisections of four manifolds,
- quantum topology and skein theory.
The group has a lively culture of seminars with a focus on including students in their current research.